Mechanic A-1, Crane Operator
(This position is represented by IBEW Local 1049)
Operate and transport all Company owned and rented hydraulic and cable operated mobile cranes, under various operating conditions, within the limitations specified by the manufacturers.
Crane operation requires a thorough knowledge of load chart interpretation, strengths of fiber and wire ropes, slings and shackle’s, electrical system, physical work clearances and transportation routes throughout the service are, including overhead clearance and special hauling permit requirements.
Perform field surveys at the job site and prepare sketches detailing the relative positions of operating equipment and loads.
Deliver materials to job sites including permitted oversized loads or Crane parts utilizing a Tractor Trailer Combo.
Perform daily and monthly inspections of all company owned and rented cranes.
Prepare field accounting forms and reports.
Train and instruct lower grade personnel as required,
Required to report to various work sites throughout the service territory.
Perform similar or less skilled duties as required.
Required Education, Skills and Competencies:
• Candidates should have the OSHA required Signal and Rigger certifications
• Must possess a valid unrestricted New York State Crane Operator Certificate of Competence. Must possess a valid unrestricted New York State Class 1 Driver’s license. CDL Class “A” with Tanker endorsement
• In addition to possessing the qualifications for this position, the candidate selected will be expected to work overtime in accordance with departmental requirements and to participate in the Company's Emergency Restoration Program as may be required.
• Will participate in Federally mandated drug testing program prior to selection, randomly and after an accident or for reasonable cause.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.