ALSTOM Grid Inc.
Does the idea of working for a progressive energy company and working with utility companies to keep the lights on sound BRIGHT to you? Are you interested in a career making the SMART GRID even SMARTER? Then energize your career with Alstom Grid!
ALSTOM Grid - A leader in the grid management industry providing high-voltage equipment, engineered solutions, power electronics, automation, control rooms and service to utility and large industrial customers worldwide, has an opening for a Senior R&D Engineer in its Philadelphia, PA location!
Support and enhance R&D efforts in the Power Electronics Philadelphia (PEP) unit. Provide enhancements for the current requisitions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Support and enhance Technology Transfer Project. Follow and timely execute specified tasks. Identify technological issues and potential difficulties.
- Monitor the process of creating production base for the new technology
- Provide technical basis for the production testing and commissioning process
- Identify key nonexistent or undeveloped technologies within Alstom Grid - driven by market demands
- Support on the per needed basis technology needs for the current requisitions.
- Gain familiarity with the PEP field installations and commissioning process. Actively support those efforts as per needed basis
- Support and introduce PEP to the RTDS usage, application and simulation programs.
- Identify key cost savings areas for the PEP valve and controls
- Support ongoing technology quest for the modern, cost effective solutions within: thyristor level energy derivations, modern valve protection techniques - VBO. Compact cooling systems with remote digital monitoring.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of the experience in the field of Power Electronics, FACTS systems.
- Full knowledge of the related IT tools like : Matlab and other simulation tools
- Ability to work as part of a team. Must be able to manage the project - good communication skills
- Must be familiar with High Voltage Systems business environment (Price, Commercial, Legal, Contractual, Sourcing, Risks and Technical
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM GRID today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom Grid - Experts in the transmission of electricity with a worldwide pedigree, Alstom Grid strengthens the Alstom Group's capabilities in the power market. With headquarters in Paris's La Defense business district in France, Alstom Grid is the newest Alstom sector and works alongside the other sectors: Alstom Power and Alstom Transport. Alstom Grid has four main business units: Products, Systems, Automation and Service.
Formed by the acquisition of Areva T&D's transmission business on 7 June 2010 by Alstom and Schneider Electric, Alstom Grid complements the other Alstom sectors to enable the Group to offer a complete power generation and transmission solution. Its acquisition gives a new dimension to Alstom which, with its three activities, achieves sales of more than EUR23 billion (Pro forma accounts 2009/10) and employs more than 96,000 people.
With a presence in over 70 countries, Alstom Grid achieves a truly global focus through its organisation and performance.
Alstom (www.alstom.com) is a global leader in the world of power generation and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, and provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. The Group employs 80,000 people in 70 countries, and has orders of EUR19.6 Billion in 2009/10.