Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Leads engineering activities for electric transmission line projects. Plans, controls and manages project activities to effectively complete engineering and design for construction projects. Provides liaison with other departments, divisions, vendors or consultants and coordinates with government agencies, customers, other utilities or groups. Applies and interprets company, local, state, and national codes and standards and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Conducts feasibility studies, completes estimates and develops engineering criteria. Develops and maintains transmission design standards
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Reviews and approves specifications for equipment and civil/structural/electrical consulting services. Prepares and/or reviews projects’ scope and design concepts.
2. Provides engineering designs and standards for transmission lines and structures. Coordinates supervises and approves transmission designs from outside consultants, Coordinates civil or electrical design projects with consultants.
3. Participates in real-estate and environmental routing of new transmission lines and ensures that EPA and DEP standards are met with for environmental standards.
4. Represents the company by testifying on technical matters.
5. Represents the engineering department and/or company on various internal and external committee assignments and before regulatory bodies. As needed actively participates and provides subject matter expertise at public hearings and forums.
6. Provides engineering support during emergency restoration efforts on the transmission system.