Position Title: Operations and Maintenance Planner
North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation (NCEMC), a Raleigh-based electric utility company, has an opening for an Operations and Maintenance Planner. The Operations and Maintenance Planner is a member of the Combustion Turbine plant staff. This position is primarily responsible for operations and maintenance planning, assists with technical support, CMMS administration, parts procurement, and will serve as supplemental operator for the CT plants. The Operations and Maintenance Planner will administer the operations, maintenance, and outage plans as directed by the Plant Manager. Additionally, the Operations and Maintenance Planner will assist other departments, such as Engineering, Accounting, Information Technology, Environmental, and Diesel operations, with similar planning/technical support, CMMS administration, and parts procurement. The Operations and Maintenance Planner will administer the operations and maintenance plans and schedule as directed by the Plant Manager. Additionally, the Operations and Maintenance Planner will assist other departments with these activities.
The function of the Operations and Maintenance Planner is implementation and logistics toward plant practices, strategies, and policies as directed by the Plant Manager. The Operations and Maintenance Planner is authorized to communicate with plant staff and perform specific maintenance activities and schedule directives toward overall practices and policies previously communicated to the plant staff by the Plant Manager. This includes decisions in all assigned functional areas so long as such action does not deviate from established corporate policies and is conducted with sound business judgment, except for budget limitations and specific limitations placed on the authority of this position by the Plant Manager.
An Associate Degree from an accredited engineering or technical school with emphasis on engineering and analytical skills. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
A minimum of ten years industry experience in combustion turbine plant maintenance and operation. Knowledge of equipment, planning, and scheduling of power plant related maintenance. Proficient in CMMS, Excel, MS Project, and numerical analysis. Salary commensurate with experience.
A. Maintenance planning
1. Prepare, manage and report, as needed, accounting, inventory, Preventive Maintenance orders (PMs), and work orders (WOs), subject to overall direction of Plant Manager.
2. Manage, report, and coordinate all aspects of and report on parts ordering, shipment, inventory, and parts usage.
3. Coordinate with Plant Manager on outages and plants project activities.
4. Prepare work scope and establish the labor, tools, materials and equipment required for work requests.
5. Report on daily, weekly, monthly work requests and operational needs.
6. Monitor and report monthly on parts usage and maintenance activities.
7. Coordinate periodic and annual testing, auditing.
8. Be primary administrator for access, troubleshooting, updating, and database management of CMMS functions.
9. Verify and assign proper RUS asset codes and NCEMC accounting codes to parts procurement functions.
B. Maintenance analysis
1. Ensure all projected and prioritized preventive, predictive, project, overhaul, and corrective tasks requiring outages are included in outage planning processes.
2. Complete detailed planning for prioritized outage tasks, in consultation with subject matter experts as needed.
3. Analyze and develop strategy for parts usage and maintenance activities, OEM, and manufacturer history for incorporation into short-term and long-term maintenance plans.
4. Assist in preparation of annual budget of maintenance activities and costs.
5. Research OEM and third party vendor parts and services.
6. Research, locate, and procure emergent parts.
7. Manage and oversee reporting of on-site maintenance and operations issues requiring UAR (outage system) reports.
8. Coordinate and procure general services to plant grounds and common facilities.
9. Work closely with NCEMC Finance and Accounting to ensure proper management of plant inventory and accounting procedures.
10. Create outage plans within CMMS and MS Project (or comparable software) for planned outages and significant projects with input from Engineering, Energy Operations and plant staff. Ensure completeness of final outage plans - including labor, parts, contractor services, tools, equipment, documents, permits and associated costs to safely, efficiently and effectively complete outage and maintenance tasks.
C. Plant operations
1. Communicate and publish outage schedules, as needed, including coordination with Energy Operations.
2. Maintain records for plant safety and training.
3. Maintain budget activities and track/report with actual expenditures.
4. Manage and coordinate DI Trailer usage.
5. Provide supplemental 24-7 operations, as required.
6. Meet planning goals including assignment authorization and outage/project related tasks.
7. Create job plans for significant maintenance and outage tasks.
8. Schedule and conduct post-maintenance review activities utilizing “best practices”.
9. Coordinate and publish testing documentation for NERC/SERC compliance-related maintenance activities with Power Supply staff.
1. Assist other Power Supply staff with CMMS support, procurement, and inventory management.
2. Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
A thorough understanding of the simple cycle peaking business model, industrial power generation systems, controls, and operations methodologies, Industry standards, equipment specific maintenance and planning practices, CMMS systems, and team building.
Abilities and Skills:
Must be an excellent communicator. The ability to understand, analyze and solve inventory, procurement, and maintenance issues encountered in the field. Have the ability to work independently with general instruction. Must be a good time manager and project manager. The ability to schedule unplanned tasks proficiently communicating logistics promptly with plant staff and management.
Relationships and Contacts:
A. Reports to: Manager of CT Operations
B. Directs: None
C. Internal Relationships:
1. CT Plant staff – Communicate and coordinate maintenance and operations activities within the area of expertise as directed by the Plant Manager.
2. Power Supply Engineering and Diesel Operations staff -- Share information and assist Engineering staff with maintenance and CMMS support. Interface with NCEMC Engineering staff to guarantee expedient response to customers’ needs.
This position requires a combination of desk work and field work. The position typically requires accessibility during off-hours and up to 10% travel domestically. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, and man-lifts. Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Company Profile: NCEMC (http://www.energycentraljobs.com/code/apply_redirect.cfm?jid=7E1BB4F7-1372-574A-8C02D97CBA20E90F&id=http://ncemcs.com/about/ncemc.htm) is one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the nation and is the power supplier for most of the state's member cooperatives. NCEMC acquires the power it sells to its member cooperatives in a number of ways, including asset ownership and Purchased Power Agreements.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: Human Resources: Send Resume
North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment.