Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The design engineering department is responsible for design and licensing basis of the plant. The department consists of the mechanical/nuclear, electrical/I&C, civil, fire protection, and PRA sections. Key responsibilities are calculations, drawings, FSAR, design changes, specifications, analyses, and replacement parts.
You will be responsible for oversight and implementation of various Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant engineering activities such as: performance trend analyses of assigned nuclear systems and/or components; system troubleshooting, predictive and root-cause analysis and corrective actions; systems surveillance reviews; preventive maintenance programs of assigned systems and/or components; design changes and execution of component changeouts; testing programs for reactors and reactor components; and detailed inspection of reactor components.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- 4 years of engineering experience
- Bachelorâ??s degree in engineering or scientific field generally associated with power plants
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Possess a Professional Engineering Registration
- Review Corrective Action Program (CAP) to address negative trends
- Manage and assign individual work assignments, schedule and priorities. Ensure schedules met.
- Participate in work groups, initiatives and special projects.
- Ensure group attends training and maintains qualifications.
- Establish goals and performance evaluations.
- Create a development plan for individuals and monitor progress.