Are you interested in a career making the SMART GRID even SMARTER? Then energize your career as a PROJECT ENGINEER with ALSTOM GRID Network Management Solutions!|
Alstom Grid - Network Management Solutions - The Network Management Solutions group provides real-time information solutions for the efficient, reliable and secure operation of transmission and distribution infrastructures and markets. The Network Management Solutions business line center of excellence in Redmond, WA, 400+ staff specializes in the design, development and implementation of energy management software and in the integration of automation and information systems for the electric utility industry. It also provides project management from small to large complex turnkey systems and associated automation support and Information Technology migration. The technology developed in Redmond is the worldwide leader in energy management, distribution management and market software solutions for the Energy Industry.
Alstom Grid - Network Management Solutions, the leader in providing software and services to the Electric Utility Industry has an opening for a Project Engineer in its Redmond, WA location. As PROJECT ENGINEER, you will work individually or within a team on SMART GRID software technology projects to meet specific customer requirements and provide input to customers on technology projects. Define product requirements, specifications and data models for development and testing. Use development specifications to create detailed test cases and analyze results. Assess available technologies and recommend solutions. Design, develop, customize, configure, implement support, maintain and/or administer commercial software products. May play a key role in the training of customer and technical support personnel. Work directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
- Gather information from customer end users to document functional, system, and data requirements.
- Serve as focal point for relationship between customers and development.
- Assess available technologies and recommend solutions to development team.
- Create detailed technical specifications and data models for development of new products or modifications to existing products.
- Use development specifications to create detailed test cases; may perform testing.
- Analyze results of product testing to ensure product solution matches the documented business need.
- Coordinate and manage a variety of projects throughout the lifecycle (design, development, testing, implementation, and production).
- Gather required data from end users to evaluate objectives and goals to create technical specifications.
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project.
- Create a project plan incorporating variables such as deliverability, performance, maintenance, design, and costs.
- Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against the schedule.
- Make technical recommendations regarding system design in a format appropriate for the client.
- Install customized software product(s) and oversee conversion from legacy systems.
- Design functional and integration test plans/scripts and perform unit testing activities.
- Train end users and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented software product(s).
- May perform consultative selling to leverage professional services.
- Requires Travel of 10-20% of the time, may require travel up to 25-30% occasionally.
- May be required to work extended hours, carry a pager/cell phone and be on call.
- And any other duties which may be required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Min. 2 years of working experience in EMS(Energy Management Systems) / DMS(Distribution Management Systems) area in a similar role.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project engineering and integration skills.
- Professional appearance required.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Power System Theory and Knowledge, including Transmission and Distribution level knowledge.
- Software design/ development experience.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM Grid recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM Grid today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom is a worldwide leader in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world. It provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. It offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in more than 70 countries and had sales of over EUR23 billion in 2009/10 (pro forma figures).
About ALSTOM Grid
Alstom Grid, the newest sector of Alstom, has over 100 years of expertise in electrical grids. Whether for utilities or electro-intensive industries or facilitating the trading of electricity, Alstom Grid brings power to their customers' projects.
Alstom Grid ranks among the top 3 in electrical transmission sector with a sales turnover of approximately EUR3.5 billion in 2009. It has 20,000 employees and over 90 manufacturing and engineering sites worldwide. Its four main business areas are Products, Systems, Automation and Service. At the heart of the development of Smart Grid, Alstom Grid offers products, services and integrated energy management solutions across the full energy value chain--from power generation, through transmission and distribution grids and to the large end users.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Sign-up for your free
power industry Job Watch.
Sign-up for your free