Looking for a career working with one of the global players in the Transmission & Distribution of energy? Want to be part of World-Class Energy Information and Automation Solutions? If so, Alstom Grid - Network Management Solutions has a position for you TODAY!|
Alstom Grid - Network Management Solutions is currently recruiting candidates for a Power System Engineer role, located in Redmond Washington. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions - The Network Management Solutions group provides real-time information solutions for the efficient, reliable and secure operation of transmission and distribution infrastructures and markets. ALSTOM Grid Inc.'s Center of Excellence located in Redmond, Washington, is home to 400+ staff specializing in the design, development and implementation of energy management and market software and in the integration of automation and information systems for electric utilities, oil & gas and other automated industries. The Company also provides project management for complex turnkey systems and associated automation support and IT migration. The technology developed in Redmond, WA is the market's recognized worldwide leader in energy management and market software solutions.
Alstom Grid - Network Management Solutions, the leader in providing software and services to the Electric Utility Industry has an opening for a Power System Engineer in its Redmond, WA location. As Power System Engineer, you will be responsible for performing power systems engineering assignments involving software development and/or delivery in a designated technical area in support of Alstom Grid projects.
This position is responsible for:
- Performing intermediate software development and successful delivery of assigned functions to meet corporate project/product commitments. Work includes: functional software specifications, design, coding, testing, integration, customer testing and delivery. Performs software design while ensuring system criteria are met.
- Interacting with technical lead to ensure that project-related system design guidelines are being followed. Responsible for writing Functional Software Designs with limited input from technical lead.
- Providing input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
- Interfacing with customers on specific projects or technical issues.
- Providing limited marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Requires MSEE with thesis or related work in power systems, computer science, economics or equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- Requires 2-3 years development or project delivery experience in related field.
- Strong programming skills in C++, Java or other related language is required.
- Good understanding of database operations.
- Strong knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong overview of the EMS and/or Market System software.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM Grid recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM Grid today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom is a worldwide leader in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world. It provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. It offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in more than 70 countries and had sales of over EUR23 billion in 2009/10 (pro forma figures).
About ALSTOM Grid
Alstom Grid, the newest sector of Alstom, has over 100 years of expertise in electrical grids. Whether for utilities or electro-intensive industries or facilitating the trading of electricity, Alstom Grid brings power to their customers' projects.
Alstom Grid ranks among the top 3 in electrical transmission sector with a sales turnover of approximately EUR3.5 billion in 2009. It has 20,000 employees and over 90 manufacturing and engineering sites worldwide. Its four main business areas are Products, Systems, Automation and Service. At the heart of the development of Smart Grid, Alstom Grid offers products, services and integrated energy management solutions across the full energy value chain--from power generation, through transmission and distribution grids and to the large end users.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Sign-up for your free
power industry Job Watch.
Sign-up for your free