Are you a software instructional design and technical training professional in the electric utility industry looking for a new challenge? Then light up your career with a position at Alstom Grid Network Management Solutions in Redmond WA!|
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions - The Network Management Solutions group provides real-time information solutions for the efficient, reliable and secure operation of transmission and distribution infrastructures and markets.
ALSTOM Grid Inc.'s Center of Excellence located in Redmond, Washington, is home to 400+ staff specializing in the design, development and implementation of energy management and market software and in the integration of automation and information systems for electric utilities, oil & gas and other automated industries. The Company also provides project management for complex turnkey systems and associated automation support and IT migration. The technology developed in Redmond, WA is the market's recognized worldwide leader in energy management and market software solutions.
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions, has an opening for a Technical Training Instructor/ Instructional Designer in its Redmond, WA location. In this position, you will be responsible for identifying, designing and producing new, as well as maintaining existing, instructor-led and interactive training curricula for EAI products.
This position is responsible for:
- Delivering instructor-led training and on-line courses depending on business needs on a wide range of Alstom Grid products
- Designing and producing new, as well as maintaining existing, instructor-led and interactive training curricula for Alstom Grid products.
- Delivering technical training including lecture and demonstration, as well as supervising labs in the classroom.
- Working with subject matter experts to develop accurate content and to conduct periodic reviews to validate that instructional element is meeting mutually educational criteria.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous process and relationship improvements between training, training materials fulfillment, documentation and technical writing.
- Requires Travel of 50-75% of the time.
- May be required to work extended hours, carry a pager/cell phone and be on call.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with thesis or related work in power systems, computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Electric utility and/or Energy industry experience is a must.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentations to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Excellent PC skills required, including use of VMware, Norton Ghost, Partition Magic, and MS Office applications (MS PowerPoint or Adobe Captivate or other similar products is a must).
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated, as well as work in a team environment.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology, ADDIE methodology and experience applying it to adult learners in a high technical environment or the ability to learn adult education principles.
- Experience with complex computer applications, presentation graphics and preparation of instructional materials. On line and Computer-based Training development experience.
- Experience with Alstom Grid Energy Management System (EMS)/Distribution Management System (DMS) or other EMS products.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM Grid recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM Grid today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom is a worldwide leader in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world. It provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. It offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in more than 70 countries and had sales of over EUR23 billion in 2009/10 (pro forma figures).
About ALSTOM Grid
Alstom Grid, the newest sector of Alstom, has over 100 years of expertise in electrical grids. Whether for utilities or electro-intensive industries or facilitating the trading of electricity, Alstom Grid brings power to their customers' projects.
Alstom Grid ranks among the top 3 in electrical transmission sector with a sales turnover of approximately EUR3.5 billion in 2009. It has 20,000 employees and over 90 manufacturing and engineering sites worldwide. Its four main business areas are Products, Systems, Automation and Service. At the heart of the development of Smart Grid, Alstom Grid offers products, services and integrated energy management solutions across the full energy value chain--from power generation, through transmission and distribution grids and to the large end users.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Sign-up for your free
power industry Job Watch.
Sign-up for your free