Looking for a career working with one of three global players in the Transmission & Distribution of energy? Want to be part of World-Class Energy Information and Automation Solutions? Then energize your career as Documentation Manager with Alstom Grid Network Management Solutions!
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions - The Network Management Solutions (NMS) group provides real-time information solutions for the efficient, reliable and secure operation of transmission and distribution infrastructures and markets. ALSTOM Grid Inc.'s Center of Excellence located in Redmond, Washington, is home to 400+ staff specializing in the design, development and implementation of energy management and market software and in the integration of automation and information systems for electric utilities, oil & gas and other automated industries. The Company also provides project management for complex turnkey systems and associated automation support and IT migration. The technology developed in Redmond, WA is the market's recognized worldwide leader in energy management and market software solutions.
ALSTOM Grid - Network Management Solutions, the leader in providing software and services to the Electric Utility Industry has an opening for a Documentation and Competitive Intelligence Manager in its Redmond, WA location. As Documentation and Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for the NMS marketing product and solutions documentation and documentation support tool that are made available to internal and external users.
This position is responsible for the following two major areas:
- Owning the NMS documentation library on the various repository systems.
- Owning, managing, developing the NMS documentation marketing tools access (intranet, internet, mailing boxes, repository, etc).
- Managing access credentials and security to the documentation library.
- Ensuring that documentation has a high quality standard in terms of content structure, marketing message, consistency and completion. Ensuring that Company's and Product Line templates and writing standards are defined and respected.
- Defining and owning the documentation release plan for production (new documents, updated documents, obsolete documents) and the process between product managers and the users. Tracking the status of all documents in the different versions.
- Gather information that will help to uncover competitors' strengths and weaknesses, and the opportunities and threats associated with those strengths and weaknesses. With investigative skill, research competitors marketing, advertising, merchandising, and pricing strategies using all ethical means.
- Monitor NMS competitor landscape and develop competition analysis.
- Capture and monitor win and loss from competition, derive key learnings and messages.
- Maintain competitors file at NMS PL, activities and regional levels.
- Produce a quarterly update for the main NMS competitors.
- Carry out ad-hoc studies and get consultant, market analyst views.
- Establish a list of key differentiators of our main competitors on dedicated types of offers : where we are strong and where we are attacked.
- Feed marketing and sales with key elements and tender competition context analysis.
- Share data and Return on Experience with sales, marketing and commercial team.
- Answer to request from regions on specific competitor.
- Ensure data confidentiality on sensitive information (source and distribution).
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's degree in Power Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Good communications and marketing background.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in an IT or Utilities related field is highly desirable.
- Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures in English.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- May require travel up to 5%.
- May be required to work extended hours, carry a pager/cell phone and be on call.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM Grid recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM Grid today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom is a worldwide leader in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world. It provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. It offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in more than 70 countries and had sales of over EUR23 billion in 2009/10 (pro forma figures).
About ALSTOM Grid
Alstom Grid, the newest sector of Alstom, has over 100 years of expertise in electrical grids. Whether for utilities or electro-intensive industries or facilitating the trading of electricity, Alstom Grid brings power to their customers' projects.
Alstom Grid ranks among the top 3 in electrical transmission sector with a sales turnover of approximately EUR3.5 billion in 2009. It has 20,000 employees and over 90 manufacturing and engineering sites worldwide. Its four main business areas are Products, Systems, Automation and Service. At the heart of the development of Smart Grid, Alstom Grid offers products, services and integrated energy management solutions across the full energy value chain--from power generation, through transmission and distribution grids and to the large end users.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Sign-up for your free
power industry Job Watch.
Sign-up for your free